We caught up with hair experts, Aussie, behind-the-scenes of their fash collaboration with new designer, Kelly Love, for tips on how to create this funky retro style with your own locks…
Get a bit of retro style with a twist with this updo, finished off with a scarf or two for a wearable mixed print trend.
- Start with Aussie Aussome Volume Mousse on damp hair and blowdry with a big round brush.
- Set in big velcro rollers for extra volume and bounce.
- Back comb the crown section and clip out of the way.
- Divide the back into two low ponytails and tie a scarf around the base of one pony. Backcomb the hair for fullness and twist and braid with the scarf.
- Loop and pin up under the crown. Secure with a few grips.
- Comb the crown gently back and tuck the ends into the braid.
- Comb the front into a low side sweep, and tuck behind the ears (or twist and push forward into a quiff)
- Tie another scarf in front of the crown and loop under the back braid securing into a big bow at the base of the braid.
This look was created using the limited edition Kelly Love silk scarf.