If a classic full-on crimson pout is your beauty fallback like Ms Bosworth, you should try wearing a hot hue north of your lips. Peacock-coloured peepers were all over the A/W ’12 catwalks and it takes a brave lady – like one partial to a power pout – to give it a go. One thing’s for sure, it’ll definitely get you noticed.
*Apply a blue cream eyeshadow over the eye socket up to the brow at the edge.
*Pat a shimmering green shadow over the socket and either side of the blue.
*Apply a burnt-orange shade underneath the outer bottom lashes.
*Line eyes with a gunmetal-grey kohl pencil. Finish with a coating of mascara.
1. NYX Cosmetics Single Eyeshadow in Sunset Ray, £4.50; 2. Clinique Kohl Shaper For Eyes in Blackened Pewter, £14; 3. Maybelline New York Color Tattoo 24hr in Turquoise Forever, £4.99; 4. Barry M Dazzle Dust in Khaki, £4.59; 5. Lancôme Hypnôse Star Mascara in Noir Midnight, £21
Your fail-safe make-up look: Sultry ’n’ Smoky Eye
Nothing says glam like a smoky eye, and if the contouring central to this look has become second nature to you, A/W has a new challenge. Let your eyes go au naturel this season, and focus on your cheeks instead. Some skilled contouring will result in catwalk-worthy cheekbones you never knew you had. We’re sure Posh would approve!
*Apply a matte foundation all over the face, using a brush to buff it into the skin.
*Suck in your cheeks and apply a contouring cream in the hollow.
*Blend it in from the ears to the mouth.
*Apply a subtle peach blusher to the apples of the cheeks to create contrast.
1. Bourjois Little Round Pot Blush in Velouté de Pêche, £7.49; 2. Mac Pro Sculpting Cream in Pure Sculpture, £17.50; 3. No7 Beautifully Matte Foundation, £13.50
Your fail-safe make-up look: Swinging ’60s flicks
The perfect liquid eyeliner flick is a wonder to behold and wear, but a complete pain in the derrière to master. If you have the knack of it down to a tee like Nicole, then your steady hand will be put to very good use with this season’s defined pout, which marks the return of the lip liner – yes, really!
*Pat a small amount of concealer over the lips to remove any redness and give the lippy a chance to shine.
*Draw around the lips with a lipliner.
*Fill in the lips with a co-ordinating lip colour, without blending it into the liner so that the two elements stay defined. Trust us, this is the lip look.
1. Rimmel London Lasting Finish 1000 Kisses Lip Liner in Red Dynamite, £2.99; 2. Giorgio Armani Rouge d’Armani in 401, £25; 3. Origins Plantscription Anti-aging Concealer, £16
Your fail-safe make-up look: natural beauty
All good beauty looks start with the perfect base, but if you’re the type of person who prefers that natural look, like Natalie, then nothing bold will normally tempt you away. However, this season a hint of shimmering metallic across the eyes, lips and cheeks just might. Especially as it makes your complexion look even more perfect with some clever light-reflecting trickery.
*Blend a pearlescent liquid highlighter on to the cheekbones and down the bridge of the nose.
*Take a shimmering light gold loose pigment across the eye socket.
*Pat a bronze lipstick on to the lips.
1. Stila Illuminating Liquid Foundation, £25; 2. Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in Moonstone, £33;
3. BareMinerals Shimmer Eyecolor in Queen Phyllis, £14; 4. Clarins Rouge Prodige Lipstick in Copper Brown, £17.50