Bag the new smoky eye – lashings of liner and some supermarket-bought shadow will bring your look bang up to date.
* For this dramatic look use Marks & Spencer Limited Collection Liquid Eyeliner in Black, £4. Hold your credit card close to the lash line, then starting from the middle take the liner along the card and to the outer corner of your eye. Ensure the end of the liner is thicker than a classic flick and don’t extend it past the corner. Then use Dirty Works Eye Shadow Brush, £3.99 from Sainsbury’s, to work Marks & Spencer Autograph Baked Quad Eyeshadow in Gold Mix, £12, across the lid. Take the shadow above the corner of the eye before sweeping into the corner in a circular motion.
* To complete the look, apply Natio Smooth eyeliner in Black, £6.80 from Tesco, to the inside of the lash line and layer up loads of Diego Dalla Palma Semi Permanent Mascara, £16 from Tesco (1). Pull the lashes out, not up, for a feline finish.
The no make-up, make-up look is the latest in laid-back luxe and a hot trend for next season. You’ll definitely cause a stir at the till.
Do your trolley dash au naturel with gorgeous glowing skin
* For a flawless finish, apply Diego Dalla Palma Lifting Effect Cream Foundation, £37.15 from Tesco (2). It contains myoxinol, a muscle-relaxing ingredient that helps prevent the formation of wrinkles and ageing of skin cells, to leave you looking youthful!
* A dusting of Barbara Daly Matte Perfection Pressed Powder, £5.75 from Tesco, will keep your base in place all day.
* Lacura Compact Blusher in 02, £2.39 from Aldi, will give you a natural flush and add warmth to your complexion. This is also a great product for adding a hint of colour to your eyelids and lips – simply mix it with your usual lip balm for a subtle shade.
Hit the aisles with hair that’s big, bouncy and beautiful
* Blow-dry hair until it’s completely dry, then divide into three-inch sections. Using Babyliss Glamour Waves Tong, £19.99 from Sainsbury’s, curl a section of hair from the ends to the roots. Then roll upwards, securing with Andrew Barton Hold It Right There grips, £2 from Asda. Repeat for all sections of hair.
* Allow the hair to set for 20 minutes, remove the grips and then shake out your locks for curls aplenty.
* Add a slick of Diego Dalla Palma Pop Art Lipstick in 172, £14 from Tesco, and you’ll be too hot to trot to your local corner shop.
Fill your basket
Next time you head tothe supermarket, put these beauty essentials on your shopping list
*The handy tube Make light work of flaky hands with the award-winning Lanolips Rose Balm Intense for Very Dry Hands & Nails, £9.18 from Waitrose (4), containing rose oil, vitamin E and medical-grade lanolin.
* The wonder wipes Skin Wisdom Ultimate Lift Facial Wipes, £3 from Tesco (5), will remove all traces of make-up while preventing signs of ageing.
* The skin saver Lacura Wrinkle Stop, £4.99 from Aldi, hides fine lines, thanks to Syn-Ake, which mimics the effect of a protein in snake venom to block nerve signals so muscles contract and skin is smoothed.
* The bath-time treat Take a bubbly soak in sweet-scented Wilko Foam Bath Sweet Vanilla & Honey, £1 from Wilkinson. Bliss!
* The moisture marvel Get silky-soft skin with Mandara Spa Mediterranean Oil, £8 from Sainsbury’s. It absorbs quickly and is a morning must-have.
* The super serum Pure Anti-Ageing Super Active Face Serum, £9.50 from Marks & Spencer, gives a glow to go as it’s packed with beauty-boosting omega 3 and omega 6.