Creative Director at Nicky Clarke, Warren Holmes tells us how to tend to our tresses when we’re in the middle of a muddy field…. “Everybody can have great hair, and at a festival more so than anywhere,” he says. Yes, while you can’t pack your hairdryers, straighteners and curling tongs in your MASSIVE festival rucksack, you can take these steps to get the sexiest tousled look in Band Town:
- The night before you head off to a festival, give your hair a good wash and use an intense moisturising conditioner.
- Blow dry your locks, then tong your hair, using Nicky Clarke Classic Slim Tong, £17.99, Boots.com. For an organic, tousled curl, tong the hair in opposite directions. Allow the hair to set and cool down, before pulling out with fingers. The more curls you add, the better as you have 3-4 days for them to drop. So don’t worry if your look a bit Curly Sue to begin with.
- On your way to rock, accessorize. Pimping your hair is huge for SS12 as seen at Chanel and Emilio Pucci. Raid your local haberdashery for ribbons and bows to add a flash of fabulousness to your tresses. Simply weave them between the curls.
- At the festival use dry shampoo to add texture, build up volume at the roots and stop those curls getting weighed down with grease.
- Plait your hair at night to keep your curls and avoid frizz. Easy peasy.
See you at the style stage!