“This wonder product tans and contours. Glow-er-ific!”
Natasha Pearlman, Deputy Editor
UTan L.A. Instant Glamour Shimmer Tan, £18
Lipstick: not just for lips
*Need a flash of blush at super speed? Smudge your lippy on the apples of your cheeks. Beauts!
*On the go and feel a blister growing? Smooth some nude or clear moisturising lippy or lipsalve over the problem area so your shoe glides rather than rubs. Clever!
*If you’re the forgetful type, scribble reminders to yourself on the bathroom mirror with a cheap, brightly coloured lipstick. Unmissable!
What are you doing this Jubilee bank holiday weekend?
“I’m getting married!” Danielle, via Facebook
“Work as usual, all work and no play!” Paula, via Facebook
“It’s my birthday so I’m going to have a big English lunch, very posh!” Natasha, via Facebook
“Garden party: music, scones, sandwiches, cream teas and lots of bunting.” Alice, via Facebook
“Opening parties in Ibiza!” Lee, via Facebook
I was so happy when I found out! Working with Brian Dowling is pretty amazing too, and he’s really funny.
What would be your dream job?
I’ve got it! I was a fan of Big Brother before so to be working on something I actually watched is brilliant – it couldn’t get any better.
It must be tough being a mum to Isabelle, two, and six-month-old Ace as well as working, but are there advantages to being a showbiz mum?
We get sent some nice things sometimes – everyone loves a freebie!
Ooh, what’s your best freebie?
We were given a Bugaboo pushchair, which can be more expensive than some cars!
Have any celebrity friends sent you baby pressies?
Emma Bunton sent a Babygro and hat for Ace, and McFly’s Tom Fletcher and his wife Giovanna gave Isabelle pink safety headphones to wear to gigs!
You’ve got a lot of celeb pals – who’s the most famous person in your phone?
It’s a bit random, but the lead singer of Counting Crows, Adam Duritz. I used to live in the US and I met him through a mutual friend. We all used to hang out. When I moved back to the UK, I’d go out and get drunk then Matt and I would call him at stupid o’clock in the morning. I’m sure he appreciated that!
● Big Brother starts on Channel 5 this month.
This week, we’re…
The Diamond Jubilee Concert
Will the Queen actually enjoy Jay-Z? Who cares, because we will. Plus the likes of Elton John, Kylie and Stevie Wonder perform at Buckingham Palace. 7pm, tomorrow, BBC1.
Hed Kandi: Beach House
It’s Ibiza time! And whether you’re planning a trip to the White Isle (join our party at Fabulousmag.co.uk/Ibiza) or not, get your groove on with this box set. Out tomorrow.
Yellow Submarine (U)
Our fave psychedelic animation has been restored for DVD. Follow The Beatles on a trip under the sea. It’s like it’s the ’60s all over again. Except with DVD players. Out tomorrow.
Is it just us or…
This week we want to be…
We’ve got the juicy details and facts you don’t know about the head of the British Isles.
1. Winston Churchill once described the two-year-old Elizabeth as “astonishing”, and “a character” with “an air of authority”. So she was basically trumping every other kid in the land from the word go.
2. Liz has posed for 139 portraits. That takes some patience.
3. The Queen joined the army in 1945 during WW2. This makes her the only female royal to ever do so. Go, Liz!
4. The Queen o-fish-ally (sorry!) owns all the whales and dolphins in UK waters, dating back to a decree from 1324. They’re referred to as “Fishes Royal”. (Even though they’re technically mammals, fact fans.)
5. She holds the title Defender Of The Faith And Supreme Governor Of The Church of England. Try saying that after a few Pimm’s…
6. All this and Liz has admitted she watches The X Factor.What’s not to love?