Want to make like Christina Aguilera in new film Burlesque?
Sharon K (right) from London’s Burlesque Baby school reveals how to turn up
the heat on Valentine’s Day.
In our video, filmed at the exclusive Cafe de Paris, in London, Sharon K (aka
Indiana Belle) takes you through everything you need to know, from how to
make your entrance to how to remove your stockings (without looking!) and
what props to use.
Sharon said: “Burlesque is all about the tease – and it doesn’t matter
what age or shape you are, all it takes is a bit of confidence and you will
“Make lots of eye contact, remember to take your time and move slowly,
and enjoy yourself. Your partner won’t know what has hit him!”
So seducing your fella on a Monday night (what kind of night is that for
Valentine’s hey?) has never been easier!
Sharon K’s top burlesque tips
1. HOLD your poses and move sloooowly. It’s not a race.
2. DON’T be shy. Confidence will make you gorgeous whatever your body shape.
3. FACIAL expressions are very important. A little wink here and a pout there
4. EYE contact is essential, so make it and hold it.
5. REMEMBER your props. It doesn’t matter if you pick a fan, a boa (the
feathery kind, natch) or just a pair of gloves – just have some. And use
Fancy learning more burlesque moves? Log on to www.burlesquebaby.com
for details of classes, hen parties and more about the art of tease.