Retro up your kitchen!
- Think bright – ’50s style is anything but dreary! add zest with fruity hues
- Pick prints with graphic shapes or food motifs
- You can’t get more ’50s than an American diner, so for that rockabilly retro
look go for colourful chrome and leather bar stools, a big
American-style fridge and a Coca-Cola sign.
- Choose appliances that were big in the ’50s and have maintained their cool.
Smeg fridges, Dualit toasters, Roberts radios and Le Creuset ovenware
are still rock ’n’ roll.
- A monochrome checked floor will set your scheme off on a firm footing.
- Formica worktops, vinyl flooring, and plastic kitchen accessories provide
practical and colourful ways of recreating the retro look.
- Track down original accessories at car boot sales and on eBay. Or try
Kitsch22.co.uk, Peppermint-retro.co.uk and Kitschcapers.com.
SEE PRODUCTS TO CREATE YOUR VERY OWN ‘50S KITCHEN!